The evidence-based lessons incorporate the latest scientific research to enhance and increase strategic skills all students will need to be successful in life. Each lesson offers fun, easy, and unique strategies to: Increase a students’ ability to focus, Develop more self-control, Learn how to cope with common stressors, Make attainable goals, and Learn to be self-reliant.
Our goal is to build an understanding of how students can combine the knowledge and skills gained from these lessons in a way that maximizes the abilities of each child in school, socially and at home. When given the right tools, and having seen positive results, students are able to use visualization and create their own future!
Our Program utilizes the Common Core Standards as a base in which we build over evidence based national curriculum.
Common Core Standards
- Students make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- When constructing viable arguments, students justify their conclusions, communicate them to others, and respond to the arguments of others
Common Core English Language Arts Standard:
- W.7.6 Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and link to and cite sources as well as to interact and collaborate with others, including linking to and citing sources
Corresponding SEL “social awareness” and “relationship management” skills:
- Respect others (e.g., listen carefully and accurately)
- Understand other points of view and perspectives
- Identify social cues (verbal, physical) to determine how others feel
- Predict others’ feelings and reactions
- Manage and express emotions in relationships, respecting diverse viewpoints
Corresponding SEL “self-awareness”, “social awareness”, and “responsible decision-making” skills:
- Label and recognize own and others’ emotions
- Analyze emotions and how they affect others
- Evaluate others’ emotional reactions
- Reflect on how current choices affect future
Corresponding SEL “relationship management” skills:
- Exhibit cooperative learning and working toward group goals
- Communicate effectively
- Cultivate relationships with those who can be resources when help is needed
- Provide help to those who need it
- Demonstrate leadership skills when necessary, being assertive and persuasive
- Prevent interpersonal conflict, but manage and resolve it when it does occur
Georgia Professional Standards/Georgia Standards of Excellence California Common Core State Standards Respect for self: 12.1, 12.2, 12.3; 13.1, 13.2, 13.3; 15.1, 15.2, 15.3, 15.4, 15.5, 15.6, 15.7, 15.8, 15.9
We used resources from several different areas to create a comprehensive and cross curricular curriculum to incorporate easily into daily practice.
DeBrucke, Zen Cryar. Your Inner GPS: Follow Your Internal Guidance to Optimal Health, Happiness, and Satisfaction. Novato, CA: New World Library, 2016.
Deweck, Carol S. Ph.D. Mindset: the new psychology of success: how we can learn to fulfill our potential. New York: Baltimore Books, 2006.
Dispenza, Joe Dr. You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter. USA: Hay House, 2014.
Dispenza, Joe, Dr. Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One. USA: Hay House, 2013.
Lipton, Bruce H. Dr. The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles. Santa Rosa, CA: Mountain of Love/Elite, 2005.
McTaggart, Lynn. The Intention Experiment: Using your thoughts to change you life and the world. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2007.
Millhouse, James I. Ph.D. The Parents Manual of Sport Psychology: A practical guide to achieving athletic success. USA: Amazon Publications, 2014.
Mogel, Wendy, Ph.D. The Blessings of a B Minus. New York: Scribner Press, 2010.
Pink, Daniel H. A Whole New Mind: Why Right-brainers Will Rule the Future. New York: Riverhead, 2006.
Adams, Suzanne. Musings of an Earth Angel. Bloomington, IN: Balboa Press, 2015.
Schroder, Hill. Blue: A mindfulness tail. Atlanta, GA: Self-Published, 2016.
Willis, Lynyetta G., PhD. My Forgotten Self. Athens, GA: Inner Pathways Publishing, 2015.
Video: A young girl’s daily routine
Video: An inspiring Gap Commercial